Striker Forms New Partnership With National Walleye Tour Pro, Kent Andersen
HUDSON, WI (March 17th, 2023) Breaking into the professional walleye fishing world, Striker is excited to announce the addition of their first National Walleye Touring Pro, Kent Andersen, to their team.
Providing dependable and technical fishing apparel, Striker gear continues to further anglers’ abilities to stay focused on the fish and not the weather. “I am excited to join the Striker team, knowing their top-of-the-line products will help to keep me comfortable on the water in the worst conditions,” says Andersen.
Fishing the Cabela’s National Walleye Tour (NWT) and Select AIM Weekend Walleye Series, Andersen brings with him many years of experience and accomplishments. As one of the steadiest and most respected anglers on the pro tour, Andersen has qualified for all ten National Walleye Tour Championships and holds the record with three consecutive top ten finishes in the Championships. A few other accomplishments from Andersen include the 2021 NWT Lake Oahe Champion, five top ten finishes in NWT events, and ten top 20 finishes.
Competing in a variety of tournaments in many different seasons, Andersen has fished through almost every condition imaginable. “With Striker’s extensive line of products, I know I’ll be covered on the water in the early months of spring, hot summer months, and into the cold days of fall with the best products,” states Andersen.
Aside from Andersen’s many fishing accomplishments, he has also been involved in the success of Warrior Boats throughout the years. Andersen worked at Warrior Boats from 2000 to 2004. For the next 7 years, he worked for the family construction company in Amery, WI. When the opportunity arose, Andersen decided to return to Warrior Boats in 2011 as the National Sales Manager and has been with them ever since.
With his role at Warrior Boats and his success on the NWT, Andersen’s life is nothing short of busy. His 2023 tournament season begins March 21st with the NWT on the Illinois River in Spring Valley, Illinois. With an early start to the open water season, the conditions will be unpredictable. Andersen is confident that no matter the conditions, he’ll be prepared with his new Striker gear.
Follow Andersen’s 2023 Season:
- National Walleye Tour / Illinois River / Spring Valley, IL / March - 21 & 22
- National Walleye Tour / Lake Winnebago / Oshkosh, WI / May - 17 & 18
- AIM WWS / Lake Mille Lacs / Isle, MN / June - 11
- National Walleye Tour / Lake Francis Case / Pickstown, SD / June 22 & 23
- Montana Governor's Cup Walleye Tournament / Fort Peck Lake / Fort Peck, MT / July 13-15 (working a display)
- Sunset Bay Walleye Shootout / Lake Erie / Irving, NY / July 13-15
- National Walleye Tour / St. Mary's River / Sault Ste Marie, MI / July 27 & 28
- Warrior Boats Dealer Meeting & Dealer Tournament / Lake of the Woods / Baudette, MN / August 9 & 10
- Warrior Boat Memorial Walleye Shootout / Lake of the Woods / Baudette, MN / August 12 (MC of Event)
- National Walleye Tour Championship / Devils Lake / Devils Lake, ND / September 6-8
Striker is a leading brand of technical fishing apparel for men, women, and youth anglers with products ranging from high-performance rainwear and ice fishing outerwear to UPF apparel and casual wear. The brand tag line, “Go Early. Go Late. Go Prepared.,” encompasses the brand mission to offer only the highest performing apparel possible, designed specifically to enhance the complete fishing experience in any weather.
Visit Striker at Strikerbrands.com
Leave a comment