At Striker, our core design philosophy has always been to build the best possible technical apparel without regard to what the industry might think. Our tag line, “Go Early, Go Late, Go Prepared”, encompasses our mission. The philosophy to only offer the best performing apparel possible transcends to our complete line of fishing apparel products including ice fishing apparel, high performance rainwear, UPF apparel, and casual wear lines. We aim to continue to provide innovative products to our customers at the best-possible prices to allow sportsmen and their families to ward off the elements during each and every outing. The company is located outside the Twin Cities in beautiful Hudson Wisconsin.
The Marketing Director is responsible for developing and implementing marketing programs based on the company’s strategic goals. In collaboration with the executive leadership team, you will define a long-term strategic roadmap and budget to help continue growing our brand.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, coordinate, implement and oversee all aspects of the marketing and communication plan including marketing, advertising, public relations, branding, strategic messaging, website development, trade shows and pro-staff management.
- Develop comprehensive marketing execution plan to achieve financial goals and objectives.
- Evaluate, manage, and collaborate with team to develop marketing materials and brand assets
- Develop and maintain a strong and consistent brand across multiple channels.
- Create integrated brand campaigns (print and digital) to increase brand awareness.
- Analyze sales numbers in comparison to the marketing budget in order to find the profit margin and which campaigns were most effective
- Research competitors to stay current with similar products on the market
- Accountability for all Striker website and all online marketing initiatives including but not limited to: PPC, Email, Content Marketing, Social media marketing and partnerships.
- Create product launch plans for Striker products in coordination with product development and sales team.
- Execute growth plans while managing a budget in a dynamic and growing team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, business, or related field. MBA preferred.
- At least 5 years of strategic marketing experience.
- Brand management of apparel or outdoor products is preferred.
- Fishing experience is preferred but not necessary.
- Ability to effectively delegate and professionally grow direct reports.
- Must demonstrate strong project management, written and oral communication, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across multiple platforms to deliver results.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and synthesize concepts into simple, powerful, and engaging positioning messages.
- Strong analytical skills and passion for analyzing products, competitors, and market dynamics.